If you’re looking for a really simple recipe for Baileys Oven bake cheesecake then try this one out. This is so easy and it’s absolutely delicious!!
I took Nigella Lawson’s recipe and adapted it slightly as I didn’t have 800g of cheese. I also added more digestive biscuits as I prefer a larger base. It turned out great, and it’s very filling, but if you prefer more topping then stick with the original recipe.
My adaptations are in red beside Nigella’s original quantities.
Here’s what you’ll need:-
- 150g crushed digestive biscuits. (12 digestive biscuits)
- 75g unsalted butter (80g butter)
- table spoon caster sugar.
- 50ml baileys or any irish cream.
- 800g cream cheese.(400g)
- 6 medium eggs.(3)
- 145ml tub double cream.
- 175g caster sugar.(90g)
- 20 cm springform tin
- Melt the butter and sugar in a saucepan, add the crushed biscuits, mix well.
- Put the biscuit mixture into the springform tin, press down well and refrigerate.
- Nigella’s recipe says to put everything else into a bowl and mix together. Personally I’d add the other ingredients gradually to the cheese.
- Pour the mixture over the biscuit base and put into the oven. Bake for 40 minutes or until almost set.
- Turn off oven and allow cake to cool inside before refrigerating
- Enjoy with a big dollop of freshly whipped cream and a latte!